background

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Procratstion

Well......I have a ton of homework I really should be doing right now, instead of playing on facebook and writing this blog. For some reason, I just can't seem to get to it. :) Oh well....I work better under pressure anyway. So here is a little update on the happenings in my life.........

  • I am beginning, I guess its, my second semester of graduate school. Let me tell you...It was iffy if this day was going to come. Last semester was pretty rough on me. I think I might have over-involved myself and overwhelmed myself a little bit. WOW that was tough to admit. This summer semester is starting out pretty well. I bought my books, checked my classes online quite a bit, and have already completed a couple of my assignments. I'm excited! I just hope I can keep this up for the rest of the summer. Yes that's right. While all of you are off having a very enjoyable summer, I will be tied to my computer learning about Human Development and Research Methods. Booooo! At least I can take my computer everywhere with me......this means to the pool. :)
  • Well I think every year I turn over a new leaf. This year the new leaf seems to be turning itself. I have somehow become a full fledged nose to the grindstone adult. I realized this during this past weekend. Both of my roommates were gone, and I had the whole house to myself. In the past, I might have called up some of my other friends and possible gone to a movie or dinner or the river or to one of their houses and just hung out and had a wonderful. What did I do instead? I went and rented a whole bunch of movies (our satellite was out due to a mishap with the stinking roofers) and just chilled at my house....all weekend. Instead of going out and causing trouble with random friends, I chose to stay home, clean, cook, do laundry, catch up on some nursery stuff, cut the grass, read a book, and just sit at home.....alone. WOW! What an exciting life I lead.....(said sarcastically)
  • I have also, every year for like the past 4-5 years, had some kind of move going on. I have moved at least once, sometimes twice, every year for the past 4-5 years. I guess this goes with college. Well, I am proud to report that this last move, has been the last one....and is the only one I can see happening in the next year or so. YAY!!! No more packing boxes, loading boxes, unloading boxes, and then unpacking boxes!!!! I love it!!!!
  • I am now the Nursery Coordinator at my church. I love it!! We have been working so hard to change up a few things, and I can finally see the effects of those changes. The girls are doing a wonderful job of incorporating those changes. I think the biggest change is that we now have a very structure Sunday Morning routine. We also have a new Sunday School curriculum. I hate to brag, but I think I did a bang-up job writing some of the new stuff. See we order curriculum every quarter. That curriculum is awesome, but lacking in a few areas. It also just kinda assumes that whoever is teaching it, already knows a lot about that subject or the Bible in general. Well even I hadn't heard some of those stories. So I took the curriculum, added some background info on the story, i.e. the verses straight from the Bible, an objective and purpose, a memory verse for each week, a story for the kids, and an activity for the kids to complete and take home. It's been pretty awesome so far. The kids seem to be learning a lot and love making stuff to take home to their parents. The parents love getting the stuff that their kids are making. We do this for all 3 of the classes, so everyone from the 2 and 3 year olds to the babies are making stuff. It was pretty cool to get to send home a project for our babies for the first time a few weeks back. I am so excited to keep working on this and work out those final little kinks!!!

I think that is it for now. I guess I better stop procrastinating and get some work done.

Much Love!

Megan

No comments: